2020 Cabrinha Contra Kiteboarding Kite
3 Strut, Hybrid design, Low drag wing tips, draft forward profile
Perfect for any rider that wants to extend their game into the lightwind arena with a responsive, lightwind kite.
Light wind used to be considered the archenemy of kiteboarding. That was until Cabrinha introduced the Contra light wind kite with its unmatched efficiency and performance combination. Every riding style and discipline now has a kite to bridge your riding into the light wind arena.
The Contra’s light weight 3 strut hybrid design performs incredible things in what used to be known as the un-rideable realm. A true light wind performer in any and all riding categories.
Features and Benefits
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability and responsiveness. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite’s design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- NEW Agile and faster steering for increased power delivery
- NEW Refined low end performance for better upwind ability
- NEW Lighter bar pressure for effortless big kite control
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability. Our Dacron is specifically designed for inflated kite structures. The construction of this material is very warp oriented using ultra high tenacity yarns with an increased thread count to combat elongation in the warp direction under high inflation pressures. Lower elongation makes for a more accurate kite with less deformation while in flight.
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics. The strategically placed panels provide ultimate control over the aerodynamic profiles in the kite. Smooth and stable profile entry. Improved overall kite efficiency, performance, and range. Faster flying through the sky giving you a broader range of performance.
- Skeletal Frame Provides the structure that keeps the kite design true to its intended shape while in-flight. The stable frame drives the kite through turbulence with a minimal amount of deformation and has excellent overall de-power. The inflated leading edge introduces the laminar flow of air across the kite’s Pure Profile panels, for a quick recovery if stalled and prevents the kite folding on itself. The inflatable structure reduces the amount of bridling required for stability. It also provides safety by providing some flotation in the water, and enables easy re-launch.
- 1X Security Upon activation of 1X’s single line flagging system the power of a kite is immediately killed and it will rest motionless on the water or land.
- Sprint System W/ Airlock The Sprint inflation systems is the most efficient and easy way to get our kite inflated and deflated quickly. The enlarged Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location. The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump requires no special adapters. Once inflated, you can lock off each strut independently to keep your kite’s rigid frame, and isolate any accidental strut deflation from the rest of the kite. When the session is over, the entire kite will deflate in seconds thanks to the Airlock valve’s large dump feature.
- Dynamic Arc Dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes. The arc of the kite takes on one shape while flying, and another shape while in resting mode on the water. While resting on the water the arc opens up slightly to facilitate an easier relaunch.
- Power Control Every Cabrinha kite comes with a simple, user adjustable way to choose the power level of the kite. Each rear line “pig tail” connector has three power positions you can connect to. The middle position is the factory recommended position. However, the user can choose to create more power by connecting the knot closest to the kite, or less power by connecting to the knot closest to the rider.
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Excellent performance across all riding styles
- Effortless relaunch in the lightest of wind conditions